The White Cube program offers a lot more than what you would usually expect when volunteering at a gallery and will give you the hands-on skills they don't teach you in class, but you are expected to know when you start your career.
We want our participants to get as much as they can out of their time, so we offer more learning experiences and opportunities to work directly in the gallery and with the artists. The program aims to better your marketing, installing, writing and people skills as well as giving you experience with bar and gallery minding.
For each volunteer, the program will only run for a short period of time, as you will be working closely with one exhibition allocated to you - this way we can capture your eagerness and direct your energy to the task at hand without taking up all of your time. When you come out of the program you will have learned a whole bunch of new skills and evidence of your experience to put on your resume.
You won't need any experience, just a keen attitude and a willingness to learn and a dedication to the program.
Here's what you will get done during with your time with us:
- Start a working relationship with the exhibiting artists
- Produce original marketing material
- Assist with the exhibition installation
- Operate the bar on the opening night and mind the gallery
- Publish a piece of writing for the Kudos yearbook
- Receive a certificate of competency to prove your skills